[alt-photo] Re: odd tintype observation

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Tue Nov 23 04:38:42 GMT 2010

Hmmm...what is a "particle beam?"

I got the trophy metal plates (black painted aluminum) from a trophy store, but they are also available at Main Trophy online. Quite cheap.

The emulsion I used was Black Magic--very good, fast, contrasty, but definitely needing red safelight.

Developer was the Rockland Colloid bulk tintype developer but I am working on a formula for a homemade one.

Have fun!
Chris
PS DO peel off the plastic layer--but next time I teach it I am definitely going to spray varnish with Krylon Crystal Clear acrylic spray varnish to give the plates tooth.

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com