[alt-photo] Re: odd tintype observation

Kerik kerik at kerik.com
Tue Nov 23 17:27:43 GMT 2010

Christina,

I've had a couple of workshop students do the same thing with collodion.
They get too excited and forget to peel the plastic.

The trophy plate aluminum that Main Trophy sells is not anodized. It is
coated with a gloss enamel paint (according to the sales guy I deal with
there). Anodizing usually leaves a satiny finish rather than glossy. That
said, collodion sticks to the painted aluminum VERY well. Much moreso than
to glass.

Kerik
www.kerik.com