[alt-photo] Re: Calotype installation at Art Prize 2010

Don Sweet don at sweetlegal.co.nz
Tue Oct 12 23:34:51 GMT 2010

Thanks for that link

The only calotype image I could identify (I think it is a spore) has such a
delicate warm glow on my screen that I've saved it.  Curiously it seems to
be a positive image.

Christopher Wright has a gallery page on the alternativephotography site
showing calotype negatives, and one wonderfully textured salt print positive
of a calotype picture of some French pears at
http://www.alternativephotography.com/gallery/v/calendar_competition_2010/christopher_wright.jpg.html

Is anyone on the list actively working with calotypes?  Do they look as good
when they are fixed? Are they as much fun as appears from Alan Greene's book
Primitive Photography, or as troublesome as Christopher James suggests in
the 2nd edition of APP?

I see there is a small but enthusiastic Calotype Club on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1384661@N22/

Don Sweet