[alt-photo] Re: direct positive paper

Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Oct 23 23:25:12 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss at caribsurf.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2010 2:44 PM
Subject: [alt-photo] Re: direct positive paper

> DEAR RICHARD,
> Below you say, '...some...duplicating materials "are" made
> that
> way...".  The word that got my attention was "are".  For
> years I hunted for
> a direct positive duplicating film of at least 16X20 or,
> better, 20X24 size
> in Europe, the US, and Japan to no avail.  The only thing
> I found was X-ray
> dupe film (used to make multiple copies of original X-ray
> film images) which
> worked reasonably well but not great.
> Do you know of any dupe films available in my required
> films that
> are still being made and are available?
> CHEERS!
> BOB

    I think I mislead  you for which I appologize. It was a
sort of generic "are". I don't know what is made any more.
The type of material that was pre-fogged was made by Kodak
for various purposes mainly for duplicating negatives in one
step to avoid generational losses. I no longer remember the
name of the material.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA