[alt-photo] Re: no shrink, no size tricolor gums

Trevor Cunningham trevor at chalkjockeys.com
Tue Sep 14 09:47:28 GMT 2010

  I'm struggling with the yellow layer right now. You know, "flaking" is
the perfect word for what's happening to me. I soak for about 1/2 hour
and while it seems the dichromate clears, the gum/pigment stays. So,
soaking for more time, and a little spray/brushing leads to the
unsightly flaking. I got so fed up I just started scrubbing yellow off
the print. Using DaVinci Aureolin. If the answer is in the curve (I'm
using David Hatton's gum curve from the altphoto site), I don't even
know where to begin. I saw a note from Christine saying most gum trouble
comes from coating too heavy...I wonder if that's what I'm doing wrong.