[alt-photo] the color red

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 05:30:00 GMT 2011

Last week in NYC, I caught the Mark Morrisroe exhibit at ClampArt Gallery.
There were a few silver gelatin prints that Morrisroe had either tweaked the
print color with developer or toner to achieve a cadmium red color. In the
1990's I saw some work by James Fee which achieved a similar hue. Were the
results by these photographers due to the fact that older papers did (or did
not) have cadmium as an additive in the emulsion? Any ideas how they
achieved their results?

See page five of the pdf at clampart for examples.

http://clampart.com/exhibitions/assets/Morrisroe_2011.pdf

--
francis schanberger

www.francisschanberger.com