[alt-photo] Re: Casein source

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Fri Apr 15 16:10:16 GMT 2011

Alberto,

The website that Marek mentioned said this in the Introduction paragraph:

Paint a small swatch on cardboard and let it dry for at least one hour. If it rubs off, you need to increase the amount of binder.

Two, my point about ammonium caseinate vs. sodium caseinate is that the ammonium mixed up with no additional additives whereas the sodium did not. I have even heated it twice and it is still way too thick. Probably why it works best for painters. I am waiting to see if it ultimately gets more liquid as ammonium did.

 I do know the sodium works fine because it is what Sam Wang uses and what Franklin Enos did  as well. Here is one formula that Enos had in his notes, below. There are lots of other formulas I have to decipher, and he occasionally used saponin (?) for I don't know what...

1.14.81 Wrote this to Ross, Sam, Albert
10g sod casein pdr
150cc water
60 drops glycerol