[alt-photo] Re: casein

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 19:14:39 GMT 2011

All,
My casein pwoder came a few days ago and I gave it a try. I mixed it with a amonim carbonate solution, It mixed very well with just a spoon, no mixers. It has been sitting on the counter for 2 days, actually today is a third day and I have not noticed any viscosity changes. It looks exactly as I have mixed it fresh. My first attempt in printing was a disaster. I have not made anything that bad in a long time. Looking at it I think I overloaded it with black pigment. It looked so dark and beautiful when brushing. Unfortunatly it mostly flaked out leaving a horrible stain and traces of the image.
I am going to try with watercolour pigments and a lower load, perhaps similar to gum
Not discourage just curious.
Marek