[alt-photo] Re: Platine

Dan Burkholder fdanb at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 02:42:12 GMT 2011

Hey Eric and Dave,

I have a batch of the new Platine here but haven't had a chance to test it yet. Martin was kind enough to call several weeks ago with a glowing report on the consistency and quality. Among other things he mentioned was an interesting property in which sensitizer extension (adding distilled water to increase the total amount of sensitizer) would result in a deeper D-max. He also said tween was not needed. Martin has always been a straight-shooter on the Platine, acknowledging problems in the past (even steering me to Bergger) and working to make the paper better.

We purchased our pack of large sheets from Orange Art in CT.

Hope this helps!

Dan

info at DanBurkholder.com
www.DanBurkholder.com