[alt-photo] Re: Pizza wheels again.....

Don Bryant donsbryant at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 15:00:56 GMT 2011

John,

The answer is yes.

Some brands of inkjet transparency don't work well for negatives,
particularly if colored inks are used (non black ink colors).

Also some ink brands don't even work well with the premium transparency
brands such as Pictorico, though this problem may not be as common as it
used to be.

Pizza wheels used to be a common problem for ink jet papers that did not
allow proper bonding of the ink to the paper receptors. These days I think
it's unusual to have this occur with modern ink jet papers. Sounds like the
R1900 may use an ink formula that doesn't dry well on non Epson emulsions
which also used to be a big problem.

Don Bryant