[alt-photo] Re: unimportant casein factoid

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Sat Aug 27 23:26:54 GMT 2011

Well,
in my quest to find out why it hardly caught on, the first mention was that it was a good substitute for albumen which was fading and spotting. But at the same time I am reading the very infrequent articles on casein(e), collodion and dry plate are being talked about so I am wondering if it was just a case of context, that there were better processes coming down the pike.

Yes I bought Sherer's book for $1 or something on Abebooks. Still in preliminary research mode so can't draw any conclusions about anything, but if I do find something interesting like cows with iron tails I will certainly dish the dirt!
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com