[alt-photo] Re: Sizing

Peter Blackburn blackburnap at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 11 20:31:29 GMT 2011

I meant "wrong" in the sense that many, many pigments will stain plain, out-of-the wrapper Artistico—but not all, far from it. Apparently, the pigments she has chosen to use stained her plain Artistico, forcing her to add additional size. Mary reported that she was unhappy with the unsized results and gave up. I would be, too. I usually do not like stain unless it's intentionally put it there. If Mary wants to use Artistico without adding size and she wants clean highlights, too, then the key is to find other pigments which will not stain. That's just my suggestion so as to help Mary discover that ever so elusive "whatever works."

Peter J. Blackburn