[alt-photo] Re: Substitute for citric acid

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Wed Dec 21 20:44:41 GMT 2011

Lime-away is phosphoric acid but other similar products may contain
hydrochloric acid, which - I presume - may act harshly against the
silver image, therefore beware! (Even citric acid does something to
the silver image; the color changes - and the image weakens -
considerably when you put the rinsed - but not yet fixed - print in
the citric acid clearing bath...)

Regards,
Loris.