[alt-photo] Re: Question for Platinum/Palladium printers

BOB KISS bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Sat Dec 31 21:49:22 GMT 2011

DEAR ETIENNE,
	While I believe in and have indulged in testing of my procedures I
also do not believe in reinventing the wheel.  Nadeau, Arentz and Neilsen
have all published books and/or statements recommending other acids, EDTA,
etc, and approved my steps.  I have had good results clearing with a first
bath of Ox Ac, then two baths of EDTA plus sulfite, then a final hypo clear.

	Further, all the above sources DO state that prints that are either
mostly or purely PD are more susceptible to bleaching by HCL so they state
that, if one must use it, use a 1/2% instead of 1% soln.
	From my perspective, if it ain't broke, why fix it?
	I am happy that your procedures work for you and am even happier to
read and consider the results of your experiences...that is why I love
list...but until I see a problem with clearing, I will proceed with my
system.
	Thanks!
		HOLIDAY CHEERS!
			BOB