[alt-photo] Re: Gum Bichomate used as a resist for metal printing

Michael Koch-Schulte mkochsch at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 5 16:24:45 GMT 2011

I think that wouldn't work -- in traditional intaglio at least -- as the
gum would dissolve into the ferric chloride bath, both being soluble in
water. Maybe air oxidation would work on steel but that could take quite
a while. Maybe using a pinch of nitric acid in solution with something
oily though. I've used gum arabic with nitric acid to mask/etch litho
stones which is a water-oil process.

~m