[alt-photo] Re: casein

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Fri Feb 25 19:01:17 GMT 2011

Loris,
The problem with the powder is making it go into solution from what I have read. The solution has to be alkaline, hence the ammonia, and hence the annoying odor. The liquid form is alkaline by addition of borax, also found in some of the lit I dug up, and already in solution. Heck, I think, save a step. A major, stinky step.

I ordered both the liquid and some powder and will give it a whirl, but until then I am armchair theorizing, about as successful as those that armchair theorize about gum...

I did find a source for ammonium caseinate powder and if that easily goes into solution then problem solved. I have heard the sodium form is hard to mix.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com