[alt-photo] Re: VDB problem

david drake photo ddrakephoto at casadrake.ca
Fri Jan 21 21:35:02 GMT 2011

Hi John

I don't know where you're located but low humidity does not mix well
with the iron processes. I seem to recall trying this paper years ago
during the dry winter time and got very thin results that literally
peeled off the paper. Vandyke likes around 50-60% humidity. I use a
humidifier in the winter.
As for the first wash, I use filtered water with citric acid added.
The chlorine can be a problem with clearing; but I don't think that
would be related to your problem.
I would also let it fully ripen and then try again.

david