[alt-photo] Re: Heinrich Kühn: The Perfect Photograph

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Mon Jan 24 14:36:07 GMT 2011

Don,
Thanks for posting this. This is so exciting! I ordered it from Amazon. I have his Gummidruck translated, and a book or two about him.

Also, I have to say that the Pierre Cordier book Chemigram is astoundingly beautiful. It is a must-buy even for those not interested in gelatin silver. I got it from the Victoria and Albert Museum in under 2 weeks.

I have a must-buy list of alt books and I can imagine both will be on there. Another, of course, The Impressionist Camera, and then Lyle Rexer's books. And about 20 others...

It is really helpful to post great books to the list. I would have never known about this one unless you had mentioned it.

It is even more wonderful that these books are being published now when large digital color is so au courant.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com