[alt-photo] Re: Fwd: Epson printer 3880

dhbloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 15 15:14:16 GMT 2011

Hi Marek,

Thanks.  Yesterday afternoon I did take my 3800 to a local shop here that
services computers/printers, so they're gonna take a look at it. The guy who
talked to me didn't speak in hushed tones about death and didn't seem at all
horrified--but maybe that's their training.  So I have high hopes.  He acted
like it was easily fixable (though at what cost, I have no idea).  It wasn't
just the magenta on mine, but one of the blacks had gone out as well-- nearly
completely.  I actually don't use QTR, but will start. I did go ahead and
purchase the 3880, because I'm in real need of a printer right now-- but I'm
hoping they can also repair my 3800 at low(ish) cost.  I do love that printer.

Thanks for the advice, Marek.  I should find out what the
diagnosis/prognosis/cost will be on the 3800 by this afternoon.

Diana