[alt-photo] Re: Is this mailing list still active?

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 25 22:22:46 GMT 2011

Kurt,

Welcome to the list...

As some have mentioned, gum printers are all over the map.

I don't size my Fabriano EW soft press, and I use negs for pt/pd...it all
boils down to individual preferences and workflow. If there is a process
that definitely does not have a "do this, do that" dictum, it's gum...but
one thing that is amazing, no matter how different we all are, there is an
amazing amount to learn from each person.

Here are three soft press gums, no size, one mono, two with pt/pd neg color
separations (in other words, negs made with my QTR pt/pd profile):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/viapiano/5389050937/in/set-72157624234247830/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/viapiano/4676426612/in/set-72157624234247830/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/viapiano/4667167861/in/set-72157624234247830/

Enjoy your stay here...