[alt-photo] Re: Gum printing videos

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Sat Mar 26 22:28:14 GMT 2011

Yes, these are great. I've see them before and they're done by a list member
here, Jalo Porkkala who works in Finland.

His great alt process site is here: http://vedos.samk.fi/  or  try
http://193.166.40.90/

Re: Ian Sanderson, who also shows up here from time to time...his work is
breathtaking and inspiring. He's an incredible photographer on the
commercial side as well, but his gum work just astounds me, and his are BIG
prints.

He's at: http://www.iansanderson.com/

Regarding a punch...god, those are so expensive. I pin register with push
pins, works like a charm if the paper's not mounted (to aluminum). But I'm
wondering if I can just use a good 3-hole punch and appropriate size reg
pins (align the negs, tape them down to the lightbox, and punch). If you can
do it without shifting the films you should be good to go...or use a simple
1/4" hole punch.

Anyway, food for thought....

Paul