[alt-photo] Re: Gold w/ pd/pd

JoeSarff at aol.com JoeSarff at aol.com
Sat Mar 26 22:50:33 GMT 2011

David and Bob:

No vampires out in Santa Fe.  Too much garlic and hot red chile.

Anyway, I have used gold in Pt/Pd prints and there is a shift toward purple
 in the higher concentrations or larger quantities. I like it for stone
work [old  crypts and such :) ]  and architecture, generally a light touch,
depending  on the mood.  It also tend to punch the contrast some.

My best print this way was an old ektachrome 4 x 5 with red D-max fade  of
a state mental hospital.  I printed it as a negative image with  a load of
gold and it came out beautifully. ( 6  afo,  3 Pd, 3 AU on COT 320)

Joe