[alt-photo] Re: casein and tsp

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 14:30:12 GMT 2011

Gord,
Sounds reasonable. It is known from old literature that casein can be solubilized    with a number of salts. WHat is actually at work is a high pH that partially hydrolyses the casein. To that effect hydroxide are effective, but also salts that in  would make high pH solution. Trisodium phosphate would certainly fit
Let us know what happens. I am quite happy with my ammonium carbonate recipe.
Marek