[alt-photo] Re: casein and tsp

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Sun May 8 23:13:45 GMT 2011

Hi Marek, and Gord,
I am finally done with the semester and it couldn't have come too soon.
I started doing casein with straight PVA--too slick. Then 1+1, still too slick and settled on 1+2. It wasn't that the casein flaked off, but that it just felt too acrylic-y for my tastes.
I have not had staining yet, just in the beginning dealt with gross overexposure which can appear the same but disappears when exposure is corrected. It is SO fast. Highlights clear quickly and immediately.
Next batch of prints I will do with no borders (e.g. a black border around the image digitally to print no brush marks) and that will test my sizing very nicely.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com