[alt-photo] UV Point Light Source

Peter Friedrichsen pfriedrichsen at sympatico.ca
Sun May 22 02:07:04 GMT 2011

I am imaging onto some lumpy surfaces and want to retain the image
sharpness when exposed onto it. The sun is great for this but it is
not reliable here especially in the winter months. I even went so far
as calculating the shadow sharpness of the sun based on the exposed
surfaces distance from the negative, and that told me that I can
image up to 900 dpi even if the negative is 1/8 inch away. The only
thing I came up with so far is a naked xenon arc which is probably
risky to use since I know those bulbs can sometimes explode violently
without warning, and can also blow a big hole in the bank account. Any ideas?

Peter Friedrichsen