[alt-photo] Re: hacking

Gordon Holtslander gjh at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 9 18:23:10 GMT 2011

Email bourne viruse or spams usually harvest all the email address they can from an infected system and "forge" the senders address in the messages it sends out.

Its most likely that someone in the alt-process community has an infected machine, but it does not mean the apparent  "sender" of the message has an infected system.

The best strategy to prevent this is to get a good commercial  antivirus program (the free ones don't work well enough to rely upon) update your operating system, and continually update all the web plugins like acrobat, flash and quicktime.

And sorry Macs can be hacked too,
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn2Own#The_contest