[alt-photo] OLDER PT/PD COATED PAPER, WARMER TONE?

BOB KISS bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Fri Nov 25 22:15:20 GMT 2011

DEAR LIST,

            I just had an interesting experience with DOP pt/pd printing and
wanted to know if others had the same.

            I use COT 320 paper with a high PD to PT drop ratio and process
in POT OX at 40 C.  On Tuesday, I coated a small sheet that I cut up into
test strips.  The strips used that day as well as the large sheet on which I
made the final print all had the usual lovely slightly warm tone to which I
am accustomed.  Today I used the remaining test strip, re-humidifying it
just as I had all the others, but this test strip looks a much warmer brown,
nearly chocolate.

            Has anyone else experienced this; if you coat, wait a few days,
re-humidify, expose, and process as usual, do you get a warmer toned print?
This would be great to know when I want something very warm.

            As I only have a sample size of one, the ghosts of Rickmers and
Todd are chiding me to experiment and increase the sample size but it sure
helps to know if anyone else has experienced this.

                        CHEERS!

                                    BOB

 Please check my website:  <http://www.bobkiss.com/> http://www.bobkiss.com/

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you are going to
live forever".  Mahatma Gandhi