[alt-photo] color separations in Photoshop

Charles Ryberg cryberg at comcast.net
Sun Nov 27 18:38:57 GMT 2011

 Folks--In Photoshop when I have an image (RGB) and use the channels box to
make separations the resulting files are Grayscale.  I can, of course,
convert them to RGB.  My problem is that after I apply my curve there is a
difference between the images left grayscale and those converted to RGB.

    Now, I derived the curves using the common 10 x 10 square which was, of
course, in RGB --so it seems likely that I should convert.

    I don't remember seeing this discussed anywhere.

    Advise (yes, I'll try both ways if I need to).

Thanks    Charles     Portland Oregon