[alt-photo] Re: palladium failures

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Sat Oct 1 18:38:58 GMT 2011

I live in So California where it is very, very dry...I usually don't see a
hint of a problem until it gets down to 10-15% rh and below...

After your paper dries, it's a good idea to rehumidify the paper with a
humidifier or pot of boiling water on the stove. Use a sheet of mylar
between the back of the vacuum frame and the glass, to trap the moisture in
and also keep it from drying out during the exposure.

Stan Klimek, one of the great all time pt/pd printers worked/works for years
in Santa Fe and Phoenix with great results, and it doesn't get any drier
than that.