[alt-photo] Re: casein cont...

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Mon Oct 24 18:57:30 GMT 2011

Matti, having pure dark and pure white sounds like a curve issue, not an exposure issue. I make a very dark and dull negative, one that is even duller than gum. For instance, if I have a gum curve utilizing about 70% on a 100% scale, casein is only at 40-50%. Hard to explain but very flattened curve. So it may be your negs are too contrasty and your exposure too long. BUT I am not using Blacklow's formula.

I found that am di was overkill but I didn't find that it didn't work.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com