[alt-photo] Re: Aluminum

Keith Gerling keith.gerling at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 14:34:56 GMT 2011

I obtained my aluminum from a graphics-arts/printing supply business in
Chicago which is now closed.  The aluminum was intended to be used to hold
ink in printing presses, a system that has been largely replaced by
direct-from-computer presses.  The metal is quite heavy, so I would suggest
contacting local printers and scrap vendors.  I use all kinds of
thicknesses, and the most recent box I'm cutting up is .012".  Hope this
helps!

Keith