[alt-photo] Re: QTR

Don Bryant donsbryant at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 22:09:05 GMT 2011

That book is some what (very) dated. Ron now has an e-book available for a
$10 download. Some of our list members are also quite adept at using QTR for
digital negatives, perhaps they will chime in.

http://www.ronreeder.com/page8117.html

The book is Mac centric but QTRGui (Windows only interface) is a superior
interface compared to the Mac and it is very handy analyzing curves
providing graphical displays of the ink distributions used in a curve, so a
lot of the content in the book can be applied through QTRGui. I believe
David Eisenlord (http://www.davideisenlord.com/) has created a handy
spreadsheet macro used to linearize  prints of a 21 step digital step
tablets. It maybe available as well.

Also visit the archives on DPUG.ORG (formerly HybridPhoto.com) for more in
depth discussions pertinent to QTR digital negative creation and
downloadable sample curves for different printers and processes (mainly
Epson 3800 and plt/pld).

Good luck,

Don Bryant

.