[alt-photo] Re: an alternative to alternative

KISS BOB bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Mon Apr 2 12:25:25 GMT 2012

DEAR DIANA, LORIS, & MARK,
      You have no idea how much your kind words lift my
spirits!
      Lest you think me impractical, when it comes to
applying for grants, I DO stack the deck (of my prints) to
appeal to their particular preferences but I don't MAKE
images and prints for them.  I make what I am motivated to
make then search through my work to find what might tweak
their noses best.  There is a very big difference between
MAKING work for the PAL or to please a selection committee
and remaining true to your vision and then sorting through
your body of work to show them that part of your work that
best appeals to their sensibilities.
      I can't remember which philosopher or zen master
said, "I must live IN this world but I shall not be OF
this world".  Perhaps I wax too philosophical here but
blame it on the Tramadol (quite like the bossa nova of
pain killers)!  And, when waxing philosophical I can never
decide if I should use Renaissance or Dorland's wax.  As
Mark is known to say, "He he he"!
           CHEERS!
                  BOB