[alt-photo] Re: gum workshop

Peter Blackburn blackburnap at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:34:49 GMT 2012

Well, I'm only one printer using casein in a system I've tailored to my own preferences and needs. But, from my perspective the tonality consistently appears "richer" and I'm able to achieve even greater saturation which has always been one of my goals. And, it's even MORE forgiving, as incredible as that might sound. Perhaps the differences in casein characteristics combined with a lower water content might account for differences in print quality. I've always suspected that the less water remaining in the working casein emulsion, the better.  Peter