[alt-photo] Re: salt printing - integrated density

KISS BOB bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Sun Aug 26 12:03:25 GMT 2012

Way back in the early 70s at RIT we used Fourier
transforms to create OTF (optical transfer function)
curves of lenses and MTF (modulation TF) curves of films
and multiple optical systems.  We did the same thing
(removing any repeating patterns) from images but much
more slowly using analog optics and spatial filters.
 Fourier transform has tons of applications in optical,
electronic, audio and communications systems.  When we
tried to create Fourier transform programs (remember,
early 70s...Fortran IV and all that!) it GOBBLED what
little RAM and hard drive we had.  Now that 4 gigs of ram
is standard and a 2 Terabyte hard drive can be had for
less than the cost of an automobile tire, I have been
wondering when someone would digitize it in a form
available for us mere mortals.  This is wonderful!  Like
seeing an old friend who is young again!

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 00:25:20 -0400
  clay harmon's personal website email account