[alt-photo] Re: ammonium dichromate

Dave S (fotodave) fotodave at dsoemarko.us
Wed Feb 1 04:15:41 GMT 2012

Well, the label says 0.5 to 3.0% water. Given it is not precise, you cannot
be very precise either.

I believe the percentage is percent weight. With 3% water, the percentage of
dichromate is 97%, or 0.97. If your formula needs 15gr dichromate, you would
change it to 15/0.97 = 15.46gr.

But if the water is 0.5%, the dichromate is 99.5%, or 0.995. For 15gr
dichromate, you would use 15/0.995 = 15.08 gr.

So your new formula would need 15.08gr to 15.46gr dichromate per 100 ml
water. I don't know if you need to be that precise.

If you really feel you need to make such adjustment, maybe you can use a
value in between 0.5 and 3.0, say 1.75%.

Dave