[alt-photo] Re: A new book, Canon gear...not exactly off topic...

Francesco Fragomeni fdfragomeni at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:37:52 GMT 2012

Haha, I was just teasing Dan! The Speed Graphic is indeed large and bulky
but I still love it for all of its quirks and unique characteristics! Much
of my work is done with an 8x10 Deardorff which is soon to be replaced by
an 11x14 Deardorff so a Speed Graphics ends up looking more like a point
and shoot to me haha. Not to mention compared to my 20x24!

I too am a big fan of the Micro 4/3 system. I have the Panasonic Lumix GF1
and I LOVE it! I definitely prefer film/paper/analog to digital in most
situations but a lot of my research deals with using traditional processes
with modern technology and the Micro 4/3 system has really expanded what
I've been able to do. I enjoy using my leica lenses on it as well and I've
built a micro/macro rig that uses my Leica lenses and produces phenomenal
images on the cropped Micro 4/3 sensor.

Anyway, congrats again! :)

Best,
Francesco