[alt-photo] Re: ***NOW HEAR (READ?) THIS: COT IS AVAILABLE! was Daniel Smith paper chart!

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Mon Feb 20 15:35:11 GMT 2012

Bob,
That is good to know, emphatically as well. Now I won't forget. Thanks, Don--I just emailed them with two questions below (source and kind).

The two perhaps "rumors" that I've heard about Bergger is a) hardly available and b) identical to Arches Platine but sized in a different way. Someone opened their package somewhere and saw a Platine label on it or something, in the archives. I have both here, and by feel they seem identical (back is a bit more textured than the smooth front on Platine).

I'm trying to essentially simplify a paper list of the must-haves, the ones that kept coming up on the Alt list through over a decade of archives. It's great that Bergger is available directly from the company, as is Weston from John Zowkowski (another excellent but fragile paper), but a PITA when some of these great papers aren't available from the main paper sources or alt chemical sources.

BTW thank you to all for responding about paper sources. DIana, thanks for Talas (did not have that one). Also, I know what you mean about shipping but at least Freestyle has gone to biodegradable (starch?) peanuts. I always bite into one when I get a package that has them, and if they are plastic, aside from spitting out I recycle to UPS (not the bit one). But I think the plastic ones should be absolutely outlawed. Also, I don't have a problem with D. Smith shipping time because I live only a few states away, but I find their shipping quite...pricey. I now buy papers in bulk when I can and when sales go on and shipping is free. Last time I ordered Fabriano Artistico from Jerry's it was on sale so I ordered 250 sheets! That nearly broke my bank, but I figure paper does not go down in price, especially Jerry's price.

Also, Mark, thanks for Graphic source.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com