[alt-photo] Re: UV light for cyanotypes

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 22 15:38:17 GMT 2012

Hey Sarah,

I have no idea about James' suggestion, and you're probably in more of a rush to get something done sooner rather than later-- but I'm sure your community college offers an associates degree in some field (electrical engineering maybe? Design? Woodworking?), that you could use for your purposes.  Not that you need a degree in electrical engineering, but you could approach an instructor and ask if he/she would offer that up as a group project.  They could maybe make you a large UV light-box, for larger classes and longer term.  Before I started using a vacuum print frame, my husband made me one, which was really based on a smaller one that I'd purchased, but didn't like for various reasons.  Anyway,  I think if you commissioned for something that would accommodate your classes and that would last long-term, that seems like a worthwhile integrated approach to learning, and everyone gets something out of it.

Again, I'm sure you're up for something sooner that that, but it's a thought for longer-term.

Diana