[alt-photo] Re : Re: UV light for cyanotypes

ding dangdong dingedangedonge at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 22 17:22:44 GMT 2012

Whoaa! 93usd a bulb now!
I'm so glad i followed my instincts back in 2007and bought 4 more of this after receiving my original purchase of 2 in a destockage sale. I paid 30euros per bulb.

For me, this setup is ideal because of its convenience, efficiency and most of all--it doesn't take me more than 20 minutes to rig it up before i can start printing.  Its just basic wiring and no ballast. (just make sure though that you get the suitable E27 receptacle for 300watts).

Variables in exposure time is still the same with other light sources. Bulb distance to frame and chemistry dilution. Right now, my standard rig is two bulbs suspended with a 40 cm distance to print frame. It prints 8x10 easily without light fall-off. When i print bigger, i just add two more bulbs (total 1200watts) to avoid fall-off and i cut my exposure time in about half. My standard exposure time for cyanotypes traditional  mix is between 6 and 9 minutes with the variation dependent on the final process i have in mind, straight cyanos or gum over cyano.

Rodrigo