[alt-photo] Re: Gum over cyanotype question

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Mon Feb 27 21:51:12 GMT 2012

Ok, I perfectly understand you. I guess it's the clarity / sharpness
of cyanotype that makes people prefer it over a straight gum layer -
the images are more punchy and sharp that way, don't you think?

Well, IME cyanotype is pretty hard to master - to me was a b_tch(!).
(See, I'm talking about getting the possible dmax and the smoothest
tones possible here...) For instance, pt/pd seems sooo easy after
dealing with cyanotype. (At least was so to me!) It's the best
teaching tool actually; it definitely tames (poor) students, and
that's w/o costing them an arm and a leg... ;)

Regards,
Loris.

27 Şubat 2012 23:38 tarihinde Diana Bloomfield