[alt-photo] Re: Gum over cyanotype question

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Mon Feb 27 22:39:24 GMT 2012

Cyanotype is extremely sharp, in the beginning I was working with
imagesetter negatives (3600dpi / 225 lpi - not the best possible, but
pretty high res.) and the emulsion was able to resolve each individual
dots!!! So much that I started to expose emulsion up (with a slight
sharpness penalty) in order to inhibit the strange tonal shifts /
blotchiness I was getting between the parts of the image where the
dots were clearly resolved and not... Gum can be pretty sharp too, but
not to the extent of cyanotype et. al. because it a much thicker and
movable/mallable (I'm not sure it's the correct description but I
couldn't find a better one...) emulsion.

Regards,
Loris.

28 Şubat 2012 00:30 tarihinde Diana Bloomfield