[alt-photo] Re: scanner woes

EJ Photo ejnphoto at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 5 01:31:38 GMT 2012

Dianna, I use Silverfast, Epson, VueScan and Nikon Scan with an Epson 3200,
V750, and Nikon 9000 in various combinations due to license fees. I work on
PCs but also have a Mac ( lowly little Macbook that I use for some support
running Lion).  The big advantage goes to flexibility of Vue Scan in that
the one but in lets you use it on ANY SUPPORTED scanner. The Silverfast
option is per scanner. So for folks like me, it is great to have one back up
answer , Vue Scan, that works.

The sad reality of software is that old perfectly OK, I won't use the word
good here, fall out of support.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9