[alt-photo] Re: coffee and cyanotype

Ryuji Suzuki rs at silvergrain.org
Fri Jan 13 20:09:52 GMT 2012

How much tannic acid do you use in the tannic acid bath? Loris mentioned
teaspoon in 2 liters. I think that's too much. You could probably get enough
reaction with 0.1g/L to 0.5g/L or something of that order, as long as you throw
in a bit of borax or carbonate to adjust the pH to 9 or 10. Tannic acid itself
is acidic (usually pH 3 to 5) when dissolved in water.

... and if you say your coffee is cheaper than tannic acid, I'm not sure what
kind of coffee you're drinking! It probably does not help sharpening your mind.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." (Miles Davis)