[alt-photo] Re: coffee and cyanotype

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Sat Jan 14 13:48:17 GMT 2012

Francesco, I would agree that it highly depends on perception / goals.
In any case, for sake of being clear: The veiling / warming I
experienced was only noticeable when comparing treated vs. non-treated
paper.

In case you may want to try it again, let me describe my stragety,
maybe you'll find it useful somehow:
* Slightly underexpose (in contrary of the common advice to overexposing...)
* Wash / clear well before bleaching/toning (tannic acid will tone
not-well-cleared specular highlights...)
* Use papers well / hard sized papers with a tight structure / surface
* Little bleach (for more controlled bleaching, especially when you
want to split-tone) and little tannic acid is more than enough. (What
you get is not what you see in the toning bath; there's consiredable
coloration / dry down / darkening / curing while the print dries...)

Regards,
Loris.