[alt-photo] Baryta paper, Ware cyanotype

Harlan Chapman hchapman at coastside.net
Mon Jan 16 16:34:08 GMT 2012

Thank you for the heads-up on Baryta paper from the Formulary. I'll give
Bud a call tomorrow and put in an order to help build momentum.
And, although this is probably old news to many of you, I'll chime in to
help save time for those new to the Ware cyanotype. In my experience
traditional cyanotype does well with a juicy coat on the paper. The
opposite was true for the Ware formula. A thin coat was essential to good
results. Wasted a lot of paper until I figured that out. It also seemed
fussier paper-wise and I got good results with it on the old Arches
Platine. On the right paper the results are stunning, worth finding one
that works for you.
-Harlan