[alt-photo] Re: sizing options for color gum

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 17 13:51:52 GMT 2012

Thanks, Peter.

I actually did all but #3 on your list.  Honestly, I don't even think
I own an iron (and don't plan on buying one any time soon).

The final coat  (unsized) was actually fine; I certainly would have
had no problem exhibiting it.  In a side-by-side comparison, though, I
simply didn't like it as much as the one I made with a thin coating of
PVA, so -- as stated before-- I'll happily go back to using that.  My
preference is subjective, for sure; I could have shown it to someone
else, and he/she may have liked the other better.

And I don't actually find using PVA a problem-- at all.  It's non-
toxic, relatively inexpensive, lasts forever, extraordinarily easy to
use, doesn't leave a shine when I apply it, and takes very little time
to apply (certainly less time than ironing-- though, at this point, I
can barely remember what ironing is like??).

Thanks again.

Diana