[alt-photo] Re: Ultra Long Exposure Reciprocity Failure?

Greg Schmitz coldbay1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 09:15:03 GMT 2012

I've always run simple tests using a step wedge and a light source I can
control / or a grey scale and a camera.  It's simple to make estimates
for long exposures when they are compared to shorter exposures.  Without
looking at my notes, my recollection is that for black and white there
may be a decrease in contrast and developing time may need to be
adjusted as well as exposure.

FWIW when you get into really long exposures you've got lots of wiggle
room.  A 50% error with a 400 second exposure is 200 seconds.

--greg