[alt-photo] Re: repairing scratch in the glass over the vacuum frame

C.Breukel at lumc.nl C.Breukel at lumc.nl
Mon Jan 30 09:43:17 GMT 2012

If you want the maximum yield of UV energy through glass one should buy Quartz glass, it will pass the lower (more energetic and thus dangerous) wavelengths of UV. Quartz cuvettes are used in spectrophotometers to measure wavelengths below 350nm (I believe it's 350, have to look that up). I once had a small 4*5 printing frame with a piece of quartz glass, cannot remember if I had really shorter printing times

Now I think of it, the UV tubes are made of glass, so the lower wavelengths are not emitted anyway..

Oh I guess quartz glass is prohibitively expensives, I could pick up a large broken plate for free..

Best,

Cor