[alt-photo] Re: casein

Peter Blackburn blackburnap at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 20:33:23 GMT 2012

Yes, I can make good prints with almost any cottage cheese, but some brands do invariably require me to apply more nudging and TLC, both at the exposure stage and especially the water bath to get all of the information from my negatives onto the paper. I try to avoid them. Even so, it's much easier than gum. Perhaps our working methods might play a role. It's all interesting, though. Oh, one brand of cottage cheese really did go way off in formulation which caused me to blog about it some time ago. By far, I enjoy printing in casein over gum. But, since gum has that rather distinguished historical pedigree, I still make lots of gum prints, too. Peter